Library :: Library Certifications :: State Aid to Public Libraries 2015
FY2016 State Aid to Public Libraries
State Aid Certification – Eligibility
- Missouri public libraries with a voted tax of at least $.10 per $100 assessed valuation are eligible to receive State Aid.
- A municipal library without a direct voted tax but with city support equivalent to $.10 per $100 assessed valuation is also eligible for State Aid.
- The latest levied tax rate must not be lower than the tax rate on December 31, 1946 or the date of establishment of the public library.
- No State Aid grant shall be affected because of a mandated rollback in the rate of levy that is required by the provisions of section RSMo 137.073. (see RSMo 181.060.2 which refers to the allowable reduction in the rate of levy if required by the Hancock Amendment)
- Please see RSMo 181.060 for further statutory language regarding the state aid requirements.
State Aid Certification – Process
In order to be certified, the following three (3) forms must be completed and submitted to the Missouri State Library postmarked by July 31, 2015:
- State Aid Application
- List of Trustees– Please complete and return this form even if your library does not qualify for, or participate in, the State Aid program. The addresses are used for informational mailings to trustees.
- Certification of Compliance Form – Public library certification of compliance with RSMo 182.255 and 182.287, to protect minors from materials considered pornographic, must be verified annually, no later than July 31. Indicate on the compliance form what filtering service is used by the library and the date it was implemented. If your library chooses not to filter, but has a Board-approved policy for protecting minors from materials considered pornographic, a copy of the policy must be attached to the certification form
Completion of the Statistical Report is also a required part of the State Aid certification process. This report has a November due date.
These forms must be completed and returned to the Missouri State Library or your library will NOT qualify for State Aid. We recommend certified mail or any other means that will give you proof of date sent. Faxed copies will not be accepted.
Mailing address –
Missouri State Library
600 West Main Street
PO Box 387
Jefferson City , MO 65102-0387
- We recommend that you printout and refer to the instruction sheets applicable to your type of library. See the Guide to Forms table below to determine the form you will need.
- If you wish to refer to a particular statute, search for it at http://www.moga.mo.gov/.
- If you have questions or experience difficulty using this site, please call (800) 325-0131.
Using the Adobe PDF forms for State Aid Application
- Choose the correct instructions and forms, depending on the type of library.
- Printout both blank forms and fill them in offline
Guide to Forms
Each of the links below open up a PDF document ( ) inside a new tab/window.
Type of Library
- City-Budget Municipal Library
- Voted-Tax Municipal Library Districts
- County or City-County Library Districts
- Consolidated Library Districts
- *Regional Library Districts (*Select application form needed for each district)
State Aid to Public Library documents are available on this website in the.pdf format. In order to view or print them, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. To download a free copy of Adobe Reader, click on the icon below.
NOTE: If you are experiencing problems opening PDFs using IE8, please place the mouse over the selected PDF, right-click then select Open in New Tab or Open in New Window.