Volunteer Work Description
Title: Recording Studio Monitor
Working with a narrator to produce a recorded book.
- Ensure that the master recorder is prepared for the recording session.
- Ensure proper recording level at all times, and a consistent acoustic background from session to session.
- Ensure that the text is narrated accurately.
- Ensure the consistency and coherence of the narration.
- Ensure that the narrator follows correct procedures for all announcements.
- Label all materials.
- Keep materials together until text is completed, then turn over to designated staff.
- Ability to read print material easily.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to use a dictionary and other reference material.
- Ability to acquire competence in handling recording equipment.
- Good command of the American English language.
- Sensitivity to artistic elements of spoken communication.
- High degree of discipline, motivation, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
- Specific training by Coordinator of Volunteers
Minimum six-month commitment/3 hours per week
Coordinator of Volunteers