MISSOURI STATE ARCHIVES
United States Colored Troops in Missouri:
Finding African American History at the Missouri State Archives
DESE's Framework for Curriculum Development in Social Studies
The Show-Me Standards
Performance (Process) Standards
Goal 1: Students in Missouri public schools will acquire the knowledge and skills to gather, analyze and apply information and ideas.
1.1 develop questions and ideas to initiate and refine research
1.5 comprehend and evaluate written, visual and oral presentations and works
1.6 discover and evaluate patterns and relationships in information, ideas and structures
1.7 evaluate the accuracy of information and the reliability of its sources
Knowledge (Content) Standards: Social Studies
SS2 Continuity and change in the history of Missouri, the United States and the world
SS6 Relationships of the individual and groups to institutions and cultural traditions
SS7 The use of tools of social science inquiry (such as surveys, statistics, maps, documents )
The Social Studies Strands
Social Studies II.A How do Individuals Relate to and Interact with Groups?
3. How may diversity benefit a society and also serve as a source for conflict?
7. How do political decisions affect relationships among individuals and groups?
Social Studies II.C How do individuals relate to and interact with groups?
4. How has belief in the dignity and importance of the individual changed over time in this and other cultures?
7. What is the heritage of a person, community, or society? Why is it important to understand and preserve it?
Social Studies III.C How do Events and Developments in this and Other Places Relate to Us and to Each Other?
6. How did people of different cultures and stations in life perceive and evaluate events occurring when they lived? Why may our perceptions and evaluations today be different from theirs then?
7. How should people use understandings of the past as they plan for the future?
Social Studies IV.B How Do the Lives of Individuals and Conditions in Society Affect Each Other?
3. How do political decisions have an impact on the lives of people as individuals and as members of groups?